Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!



I decided to blog my Christmas Newsletter this year.
It's been 40 years!  That must make us Old! We still don't have things perfected, but we keep trying.  We're slowly but surely learning to appreciate our differences, and rely on the strengths of each other.  
I appreciate Doug for being a man of his word, a gentleman, for crying at movies, and for trying to make me happy.  I love that he still plays basketball twice a week, will record a football game to go to a movie with me, and cares about staying fit and healthy.  I love him for sneaking money to a kid in need (cause I keep telling him not to bail them out), finds time to help a neighbor in need (especially single women), and helps my sister with whatever she needs.  I love him for being there for my dad, cleaning his bathroom and spending time with him.
I especially love that he hasn't given up on me, that he loves me enough to change.

His favorite time this year was going on his 2300 mile motorcycle trip with Brett.  They will never forget that special week they had together.  I hope they can make it an annual event.
He's working at Walgreens just 2 miles from where we live.  



Lisa and Paul Family is making big changes with Nicole getting married.  They have 4 teenage daughters right now.  I love that they know how important it is to spend time together as a family.  That they eat dinners together as much as possible, and that they support each other in good times and bad.  I love that Lisa is the first one there if there is a need.  I love Paul for his patience and peaceful nature.

Nicole and Jon are living in Orem.  Jon goes to school full time and works.  Nicole is taking over my babysitting job on Thursdays with Kim and Leslies kids.



Leslie and Brents girls, Ayvri and Emri. 
 I love Brent and Leslie for there generous nature.  They are always looking out for others who can use the nice things they are getting rid of.  I love that they are thoughtful, and always have good advice and a listening ear.  I love that they share their daughters with others who love them, even though their time with them is limited and special.



This is Kiana (Ryans daughter) at Ayvris birthday party.
Ryan is in Columbia getting acquainted with his wife of 2 years.  She is suppose to be getting her Visa in January to come to the states.  I love that he is a hard worker, and he loves the underdog and the scriptures.
                                                             
Bretts Family
Brett is still in Las Vegas, but should be going to Texas in the fall as an instructor.
I love Brett and Melonie for their family ties.  Family is the most important thing to them, both their own, and their extended families.  I also love there generous nature in helping others out. In small but very significant ways they meet the needs of those around them, and those they love.  I love their enthusiasm for holidays.



Kim and Jons family. 
 I love that my girly girl has two active boys! And my sportsy girl (Leslie) has two quiet girly girls (so far their quiet and girly).  I love Kim and Jon for their dedication to their family and each other.  I love them for lifting others with words.  I love them for the example they set of financial solidity, and wise decision making.


Cameron and Kendall
Cam has moved to Pennsylvania.  He became great friends with a girl who goes to Penn State University this summer.  Their friendship has blossomed and they want to move to a new level.  He's found a house to rent just 10 minutes away from where she lives.  
I love Cameron for his ability to find beauty through a camera lens.  I love that he is a hugger, and loves to play with his nieces and nephews.  I love that simple things makes him happy.  I love that he loves to be around his family and that we are all important to him.



Travis, Brittany and Jaxon
They are also living in Orem and are very busy this time of year delivering everyones Christmas Presents.  I guess you can call them Santa's Elves!
I love the friendship they have for each other.  I love Brittany for her help in getting my son to the temple and for her concern for everyone around her.  I love Travis for his compassion and loyalty to others.  I love them both for working at a job that is physically demanding, and doing their best.  I love that they never put others down.


                                                     
Kip, Kaleigh and Cashe
They live in American Fork, not too far away from us.
I love that they have the happiest baby around!  I love that they come over often.  I love that they meet their struggles with courage and determination.  I love that Kaleigh plays with her son, takes him out in the snow, and wants him to experience nature and all it has to offer.  I love that they are becoming strong and independent of parents.




This is my Family, I love them and I love hats!

No comments: